I found another recipe from Pinterest on my friend’s gluten-free menu. This Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla casserole is a Martha Stewart recipe. It was pretty easy to make and I enjoyed eating it. I hosted my group tonight and I made a salad with tomatoes and strawberries and a ranch/bacon/cheese dip with chips to go along with it.
Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups reserved cooked black beans from Spicy Black Bean Soup, or 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed and halved
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- I added shredded rotisserie chicken to this *
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned, 7 minutes. Add garlic and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add black beans and stir to combine. Cook until beans are warmed through, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange 5 tortilla halves in a 2-quart baking dish. Top with half the bean mixture and 1/2 cup salsa, then sprinkle with one-third the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortilla halves, bean mixture, salsa, and cheese. Top with remaining tortilla halves, salsa, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake until center is hot and cheese melts, 10 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbling, 5 minutes.