Coffee Rush has been a regular hangout for me for years!
My Urbanspoon review:
Great atmosphere but too many unwritten rules. Best thing about this location is the view of the lake and the regulars that come to hang out. This place is also a great place to study. I don’t mind the smoke too much because the people that hang out here are pretty down-to-earth and fun to get to know (unlike the annoying Starbucks crowd). The coffee is pretty good too!
Some things that you should know if you aren’t a regular:
– Cash only on orders less than $4
– Wi-fi time is limited and I believe you have to spend a certain amount to get a code.
– You can’t bring in a drink from another coffeeshop (and don’t even think about saying the name Starbucks or ordering a ‘venti’ size).
– You have to hand your money to the barista. If you lay it down, he/she won’t pick it up.
– If you hang around without ordering something, you will be asked to leave
Do any of these and the coffee nazis will come after you – no joke!