– Trader Joe’s recipe
The theme for summer is light. This is a refreshing light soup that is served cold and is perfect for the hot summer days. Gazpachos are a tomato-based, vegetable soup traditionally served cold, originating in the southern region of Andalucía.
- 4 cups (one 32 oz carton) creamy tomato soup
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped cucumber (2 medium cucumbers)
- 3 tbsp lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- 1 green bell pepper, stems and seeds removed
- 1 cup soup & oyster crackers
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 tbsp cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a blender, saving a bit of cilantro or a few cucumber slices for garnish. Purée until smooth. Chill and serve cold. * – You can also make a pesto gazpacho by puréeing the tomato soup, 2 tbsp basil and 1/2 cup raw pine nuts.