- 1 cup dry lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked sausage links, sliced diagonally
- Snipped fresh parsley
Rinse and drain lentils. In a large saucepan of Dutch oven combine lentils, water, green pepper, carrot, onion, bouillon granules, sage, ground red pepper, and garlic. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 30 minute or till vegetables and lentils are tender. Stir in sausage and heat through. If desired, garnish each serving with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
* – from Soups & Stews by C. Holcomb
I made this soup for a potluck – fun night!