- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a roasting pan, toss the tomatoes and garlic with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes cut side up and roast for 15 minutes; turn and roast until soft, 20 minutes. Let cool, then scrape the mixture into a blender and puree. Add the oregano.