* – from Food & Wine
I love peas and found this simple recipe from Mario Batali in Food & Wine magazine of his spring version of a side of peas.
- 2 pounds peas in the pod, shelled, or 2 cups fresh peas
- 1 medium red onion, cut into dice about the same size as the peas
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves removed and torn into 2-3 pieces each
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Combine the peas, onion, and mint in a medium bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve, or let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to bring out the flavors. (The peas can be refrigerated for up to 1 day; bring to room temperature before serving.)